Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Advice



            As a Baruch student, I find myself constantly visiting the many, different offices, and centers, within the school for clarification, and guidance, in regards to my own coursework. At the same time, I have noticed that many of my peers also constantly visit the same offices to speak with faculty, and staff. Many students rely heavily on the assistance that is offered by these offices, and centers, and I believe simpler and more accessible means of communications would greatly benefit the students attending Baruch. If I were hired by Baruch College to utilize new media technology to improve the college, I would implement a web page in order to improve communication between students and the faculty, and staffs, of Baruch. The web page would offer students a means to immediately contact the advisors within the different offices, and centers, while avoiding the lines during in-person visits. Through new media and the internet, students would be able to have quick access to the tutoring centers, career development center, and the numerous faculty offices at any time and at any place. In addition, students that live off-campus are then able to avoid having to schedule time to travel to the college to utilize such resources.

1 comment:

  1. I think you had a great idea because sometimes students only have a quick question but advisement is walk in hours only. For students who commute to school, its not fair to travel all the way to school and wait 3 hours for a 2 second question.

    ReplyDelete